Quiet Days

Some days are quiet days. Some days you are in the midst of battle with zombies, skeletons and spiders. Or you might be in the End fighting off the Enderdragon with friends. Or trying to, at least. The last time I did that, I did a great job dying multiple times while everyone else succeeded in killing the Enderdragon. Come to think of it, that’s what happened when I tried spawning the Wither Boss, too. Other players on the server had just acquired new beacons, and I wanted one.

I’ll tell the battle of the Wither another day. Today. Today, even on Minecraft, was one of those days like the days in real life: laundry, dishes, clean off the counters, plan the meals. But in Minecraft it was more like: sort my possessions with like materials in the same chests, harvest from all the farms, trade with villagers, mine sand from the desert so I can reshape the river along my village.

There’s a rhythm to playing that is meditative. I move forward along the wheat farm, collecting the ripe wheat. I collect the seeds and wheat, and replant. Rinse and repeat. On the boring side of things, but needed in order to make bread, feed and breed animals, or trade with villagers. Like laundry and grocery shopping.

Some days are quiet days. I log off Minecraft, easing my way into the real life chores that wait for me. I think Minecraft helps me want to do a better job cleaning the kitchen - in the game, I see clear cause and effect. I can see it better in real life, too, after playing. I’m thankful for quiet days.


_________________________________

CoolestIma's Write 31 Landing Page

October 1
October 2
October 3
October 4
October 5

October 8
October 9
October 10
October 11
October 12

October 15
October 16
October 17
October 18
October 19

October 22
October 23
October 24
October 25
October 26

October 29
October 30
October 31

Comments

Popular Posts